In the last month, my brother was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, my sister diagnosed with a melanoma, and a friend died of another kind of cancer. Nearly all of us have been touched by cancer with friends, family or with our own battles.
First, let’s remember that there is a “cosmic cleansing” going on here on Earth. Cancer is not some evil punishment, but it is part of the challenges as we make this shift from the old energy to the new energy, from excess duality to oneness, as we learn how to live in balance with the Earth. This too shall pass.
Each cancer–and stage of cancer–is approached differently, of course, and anyone with cancer has to decide which course to take. Be aware that well-meaning allopathic doctors will guide us to what they know, often expecting us to follow unquestionably. We must inform and empower ourselves and decide whether to go a more natural route or a mainstream path, or a combo of both. Below are some general thoughts on how to deal with many cancers, everything from nutritional tips to spiritual considerations.
Energetic or Spiritual:
- First, remember that we are always whole and always will be whole. Cancer does not change that.
- Do not focus excessively on the “disease” but wholeness, joy, life.
- Pray. Talk to your Divine, ask for help and guidance for choices.
- Surrender to Divine, but do take responsibility for your own health and healing. As they say, God can’t drive a parked car.
- Reach out, educate yourself, and get help.
- Consider therapy, support groups, counseling. Confront old issues.
- Talk to your cancer and body: What is it saying?
- Intention: Tell your body, cells, and cancer what you want.
- Visualize and feel your body healthy and whole and healed.
- Find your purpose, passion and path to live a joyful life!
- Do not stop playing, having fun. Do not let “disease” define you.
- Fear can shut us down and prevent healing. Breathe deeply, do yoga, meditate, be in nature, be with positive people.
- Create an alkaline environment, eliminating acidic foods like sugar, excess meat, alcohol, etc.
- Reduce or eliminate foods that feed and strengthen the cancer cells: refined sugar, refined flour, soda pop, dairy products, peanuts, refined salt, etc.
- Eliminate foods that may cause cancer (e.g. trans fatty acids [margarine, french fries and virtually every other processed food you buy], aspartame [Diet Coke, NutraSweet, Equal, etc.], MSG, polyunsaturated oils [e.g. corn oil], etc.)
- Eliminate substances and foods that seems to interfere with alternative treatments for cancer: chlorine, fluoride, alcohol, coffee, etc.
- Be wary of microwaves (I don’t use them), especially with plastic wrap or containers.
- Greens are your friend. Sea vegetables are awesome. Wheat grass can be a big help.
- Other helpful foods (organic): green drinks or juices, barley grass, garlic, onions, purple grapes with seeds and skin, red raspberries with seeds, strawberries with seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beets, cabbage, dark greens, pineapples, almonds and other whole, raw nuts, etc.
- Basically, strengthen immune system, exercise, watch weight, etc.
What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited…
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.
I would add that there are some things that cancer can do. Cancer can get our attention, call us back to life. Cancer can re-connect us with our body. Cancer can re-connect us with our family and friends. Cancer can help us appreciate life, find gratitude in this present moment, which is the only moment.
Some good links:
Gerson.org The AMA does not like this group because they help you heal with diet and natural techniques rather than invasive procedures.
Cancertutor.com one of the best sites for one stop shopping but it is a bit overwhelming.
Bill Henderson Protocol Go to his site download the book Most of his directives are food based and inexpensive
Cherie Calbom: Juiceladyinfo.com
Bob Wright book Kill Cancer Not People