Peru, Machu Picchu Retreat
Sacred Valley Yoga
May 4-14, 2024
$1,995 per person for 10 Nights – double or triple occupancy
$1,895 per person 4-6 in dorm room
Please note: To assure that we acquire all the reservations and Machu Picchu entry tickets, it helps us greatly to get your registration as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate if you wish to attend.
Join Roy Holman & Liz Gross for a trip of a lifetime!
Yoga, Hiking, Meditation and Sacred Ceremony
This will be our third visit to the Sacred Valley of Peru! We love the energy of the valley and of course Machu Picchu. We also have an optional 4 day visit to Lake Titicaca.
It was truly a magical trip from beginning to end – people, food, and sacred valley were absolutely the best! Do it, you won’t have any regrets! I’m still daydreaming about the peace and beauty of all the ruins/terraces. Peru came home with me.
Yoga Retreat and Sacred Sites: Includes 10 nights in the Sacred Valley, yoga, meditation classes, and Machu Picchu visit: May 4 -14, 2021. $1,995
Lake Titicaca: 4 nights May 14-18 ……………………………… $495
Can’t wait until 2021? My friend Ashera is leading a retreat to Peru this May 2020. She has tons of experience leading sacred journeys like ours. Here is the link to her Peru retreat.
Yoga Retreat Theme: Facing, Feeling and Clearing the Fear
As my teacher in India, Sri Bhagavan said, ““Fear is the greatest obstacle on the spiritual path. Confront your fears.” On this retreat, we will explore our various fears and their many faces: anxiety, apprehension, worry, control, and settling for less than full on living. Do not worry, we won’t force anyone to do anything wild, although we will invite those who are willing to walk through a very short cave at the end of the retreat, at the sacred site of Saqsaywaman near Cusco.
At the same time, it is crucial that we do not get stuck in lower vibration fear and worry as we move forward into this shift on Earth into a New Paradigm of higher energy and joy and love.
Why Peru, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley?
Machu Picchu lies at the far end of the Sacred Valley. This sacred Incan site is the most visited ancient ruins in the hemisphere. Machu Picchu is like a magnet, attracting mystics, yogis and adventurist from all over the world. This 15th century sacred site was kept hidden from the invading Spaniards, only discovered by the West in the early 20th century.
But the Sacred Valley is so much more than Machu Picchu. What awaits us are amazing villages, temples, ruins, waterfalls, hikes, ceremony along the Urubamba River and surrounded by majestic mountains. We will visit during the dry season, without the rains, with cool mornings and warm sunny days.
Accommodations and Meals
The Peru retreat was amazing! It was more than I had ever anticipated. Every day had something wonderful to offer – morning yoga, incredible day trips, opportunities to learn from the local residents, meaningful workshops, and delicious Peruvian meals shared with wonderful yogis. I left renewed, hopeful, and with a bubble of positive energy around me that I continue to share with my family and friends.
Itinerary for 11 Day Yoga Retreat
Note: Included are all activities, guides, entry fees, transport, classes, lodging and meals (3 meals a day for the first 7 days). Down below you will see some listings of activities, options and meals NOT included.
Day 1: Sunday, May 2
- Shuttle picks you up at airport in Cusco
- Arrive in van from Cuzco to Kinsapacha Retreat
- Gentle Yoga (Roy)
- Easy day to adjust to altitude. Lunch, then Dinner
- Intros / Orientation / Meditation
- Morning gentle yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Breakfast, short hike, then Lunch
- Earth Ceremony
- Gentle afternoon Yoga (Liz)
- Meditation, then Yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Tipon: Temple of the Waters Despacho ceremony (Don Basillio)
- Pisac Market
- Afternoon yoga (Liz), then dinner
- Meditation, then morning Yoga (Roy)
- Playshop: From Fear to Courage
- Ha Ha Yoga
- Yoga (Liz)
- Meditation / Yoga (Roy) then B-fast
- Quinsacocha hike, meditation
- Pisac ruins visit
- Dinner at Kinsapacha
- Meditation, Yoga (Roy), then B-fast
- Playshop: Aligning with Divine
- Free Time, lunch
- Healing options with Liz
- Meditation, then Morning Yoga (Liz)
- Lunch at hotel, Yoga in afternoon (Roy)
- Dinner, Kirtan
- Last night at retreat center
- Meditation option, then Morning Yoga (Roy), b-fast
- Shuttle to Ollantaytambo (ruins, market)
- Option hike to Machu Picchu on Inca Trail
- or … train to Aguas Calientes (near Machu Picchu)
- We all spend night in Aguas Calientes
- Early departure for Machu Picchu!
- Later, depart on train to Ollantaytambo
- Spend night in Ollantaytambo, visit ruins
- Shuttle to Sacsaywaman sacred ruins and fear-facing in cave!
- Shuttle to Cusco, check into Rumi Punku Hotel
- Last night in Cusco
- Depart for airport or other options
Optional Add ons before regular trip:
- Lake Titicaca visit (4 night trip May 12-16) $495)
Note: You might consider purchasing travel & flight insurance, if you are concerned about health or cancelation. One highly rated company is InsureMyTrip.com although there are many others.
Summary of what Package Price includes:
Note: Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley are now very costly. Our prices are lower than most tours, without sacrificing quality.
- 10 nights: 7 nights in the Sacred Valley at Kinsapacha, 1 night in Ollantaytambo, 1 night Aguas Calientes, and 1 night in Cusco
- All Yoga, meditation and various other classes, workshops
- Retreat Leaders Roy & Liz and local guides Valerio, Don Basilio, etc.
- Domestic transportation: Vans, buses (you may have to cover one taxi to airport, inexpensive)
- Train ride to/from Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu bus, entrance fee and guided tour
- Machu Picchu options: Mountain hike, etc.
- Airport transfers from Cusco
- Entrance tickets to various ruins, Sacred Valley sites
- Andean wisdom keeper blessings and ceremonies
- Guided trip to Pisac, Tipon, & Quinsacocha with sacred ceremonies
- All meals except for about three lunches and three dinners
Not included / Extra costs and options:
Meals: six meals after leaving Kinsapacha (Days 8, 9 & 10)
Alcoholic beverages (but no alcohol at retreat center please)
Gratuities to guides (maybe 60 total)
Options and added trips listed above
Extra activity options:
- Inca Trail one day hike: 8 miles, $150 extra includes guide
- Cocoa Readings ($60)
- Coaching or healing sessions with Liz or Roy (various pricing)
- Sweat Lodge ceremony (approx $35)
Note: I will give more in depth details by phone, ZOOM video call, and email, but this should get you started:
I have been on several other yoga retreats and can say that this one with Roy and Liz in Peru was beyond my expectations in many ways. From the sound bath and despacho ceremonies to hiking in ancient ruins and yoga classes in the gorgeous temple at Sach’a Munay, it was amazing.
Note: For the Yoga Retreat, Take off an additional $50 if you have taken an international retreat with me!
email@example.com Roy Holman (425) 422-0023
Checks can be sent with REGISTRATION to: Roy Holman, 1917 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201
Or you may pay securely online via PayPal:
Make a payment of $1995: