Sedona Arizona Yoga Hiking Healing Retreat
October 18-24, 2020
Please see below for room choices and price details
Come join us for our 12th year in Sedona …
Come experience the sacred energy and wonderful beauty of Sedona, Arizona. Prices vary, depending on the room. Please take off $50 if you have taken ANY retreat with us before! Price includes 6 nights beautiful accommodations at the MoonDance Retreat Center, daily healthy, bountiful breakfasts, one home cooked dinner, one eat out lunch, yoga, meditation, swimming, guided hikes, vortex visits, and other trips, shuttle from and to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, and shuttle to all guided hikes.
“The yoga, the hiking, the people; this was my best vacation ever.”
Balancing Big Mind with little mind. Most of us run our lives from the small, often nagging voice in our head, the inner critic and judge. This is not a wise choice to run our lives! Fortunately, we do have a wise and benevolent true essential nature, always within and ready to help us align with the Divine.
6 nights accommodations, daily bountiful healthy breakfasts, one home cooked dinner, daily yoga, healing workshops, daily guided hikes, special sacred vortex sites, shuttles to and from airport (if you can meet us at airport by 11am Sunday), and to trail heads, and local shopping. No worries if you do not have a room-mate, we will find you someone compatible. We also may have a couple single rooms available. We will be staying right in the heart of Sedona, Arizona.
Teachers and Hike Guides
Roy Holman and Liz Gross will teach the yoga and lead the hikes and other activities. Roy has led over 60 retreats in Washington, Mexico, Guatemala, Hawaii, Bali, and Costa Rica. Liz joined Roy with her gifts in 2015. This will be our 11th retreat in Sedona, so we know the best hikes, vortexes, sites and restaurants! Roy is trained at the 500 hour level in Viniyoga, a breath-connected, body-friendly, heart centered, meditative flow yoga. This retreat is suitable for all yoga and hiking levels. Liz Gross is a yoga teacher and gifted vibrational energy healer and outstanding cook!
Deluxe Accommodations in Sedona
Our host hotel MoonDance is awesome. Trip Adviser raves about it. Great spacious rooms, swimming pool, great views, wonderful setting, amazing breakfasts, and cozy yoga space. We have the whole place to ourselves with no other guests or groups. Moondance click here
Daily healthy, mostly organic breakfasts are included, usually a wide variety buffett of oatmeal, eggs, granola, cereal, nuts, seeds, nut butters, breads,various milks (diary and non-dairy), fresh fruit, flax, hemp, and much more. We will make sure all diets are met. We also include one home-cooked delicious dinner.
For other meals, we shop at a local natural foods store for our lunch or dinner fixings, which we keep at the hotel to take on hikes. Then we usually dine out 3 times, or you can save money and cook at the retreat center. As this is our 12th year in Sedona, we know the best places to eat, usually one night Thai, one night Fancy Mexican, one night excellent Health food, etc.
Rooms and Rates: Please look over the list of rooms and rates below and tell us your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices. We will do our best to meet your needs.
And ….. please take off $50
if you have attended any retreat with us before!
Note: The number in parenthesis (4) is the approximate room rating (1-5, with 5 having the highest rating), according to our estimates of size, view, comfort, private bath, etc.
- Sage (3.5): has three single beds, and a small, full private bathroom. $1,200 each x 2 = $2,400, or $1100 each x 3 = $3,300 for 3 people
- Lavender room (4): has two singles and a full private bathroom with tub. 1,250 x 2 = $2,500
- Jade room (4.5): The large room with a view and lots of light has a Queen bed and a full private bathroom and a roll away bed. $1,300 x 2 = $2,600, or $1150 x 3 = $3450 for 3 people
- Yang room (3.5): Smaller room, has a Queen bed (share community bathroom/ shower, right next to your room). $1,350 single or $1000 each for 2 = 2,000 for two
- Garden (3.0): Slightly smaller room, northern window, has two singles, guests share community bathroom/ shower.). $1,150 each x 2 = $2,300
- Master Lavender Suite (5): Most luxurious, biggest room (actually more than one room). King bed, a full private bathroom, jet tub, breakfast nook, coffee maker, fridge, and roll away bed. (2 people) 1,350 x 2 = $2,700
- Peace Nook (3): Cozy sleeping nook with a Single bed and a small closet. Morning light. Guest shares community bathroom/ shower.) $1,300
- Den Room (2): Futon, shared bath, This room is fairly open (half walls and asian screens), and near kitchen, so can be noisier and thus it is our most economical option. The shared bath is close however. 1 person $1000
- Zen Room (4.5): Only upstairs room, private deck with view of Cathedral Rock. Full size bed and a private ½ bathroom. Guest(s) share community shower. $1,250 x 2 = $2,500 or $1,500 for one
Please contact me before you book your flights, for details. Some folks choose to arrive early or leave late, which is fine. Otherwise we will meet at the Phoenix airport the first morning and I will have a rented van waiting. Please arrive by 11am if you plan to ride with us to Sedona from Phoenix, and plan to fly home no earlier than 2 pm, again, only if you want to ride with us back from Sedona to Phoenix. I cannot cover costs of separate transport, only with van. Separate shuttle is about $60 each way.
General Day by Day Itinerary of Trip
At least one daily yoga class (sunrise or sunset), some vortex visits and meditations, healing workshops, daily hikes, and other activities. We expect to have about 12-14 people attend. All classes, hikes, and activities are optional. October is ideal hiking weather.
Note: All classes, hikes, activities are optional of course. Rest when you need rest.
Day 1: Meet in Phoenix for shuttle van ride to Sedona (or meet us in Sedona). Visit sacred site, yoga class, dinner.
Day 2: Morning yoga. B-fast, Fay Canyon easy 3 mile hike. Natural Foods store for grocery shopping. Out to dinner.
Day 3: B-fast, Bell Rock Vortex hike, 3 miles. Afternoon yoga, Amitabha Peace Park Stupa, out to dinner.
Day 4: Meditation option. Morning yoga, B-fast, Healing Playshop, hike on Little Horse Trail up to Chicken Point. Dinner at Moondance.
Day 5: B-fast, then hike Airport Loop Vortex trail, relax at retreat center, souvenir shopping at Crystal Magic, out to dinner.
Day 6: Meditation option. Morning yoga, B-fast, Cathedral Rock Vortex hike, closing ceremony and out to dinner.
Day 7: Morning yoga, B-fast, shuttle to airport (or your own transport)
Register Now Note: Please let us know if you already have a room mate you wish to share with. Please note that we will do our best to honor your request for single, double or triple as we arrange the rooms. Checks ($300 nonrefundable deposit or entire amount) can be sent with REGISTRATION to: Roy Holman, 1917 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201 Or you may pay securely online via PayPal: Make a deposit of $500:Pay approximate full amount of $1200:
You might consider purchasing travel & flight insurance, if you are concerned about health or cancelation. One highly rated company is InsureMyTrip.com although there are many others.