I went on this 3 day retreat with Roy and Liz – my first ever yoga and meditation retreat, and I’m so glad I did. They handled people’s differing abilities in yoga very well, and were compassionate and thoughtful in their guidance. The location was outstanding, as though it had been designed specifically to enhance our experience. Great food and conversation with Liz and Roy and the other participants. Overall a wonderful experience, and I will definitely be back for more!
Yoga Meditation Retreat
Aldermarsh Retreat Center, Whidbey Island, WA
March 25-27, 2022
Theme of Retreat: Compassionate Acceptance
Please note that this is an alcohol free event.
PLEASE NOTE (please see COVID policy details below): We will do our best to stay safe, but with all the polarity and division, we will NOT be adding to it by discriminating between masked or unmasked, vaxed or unvaxed, etc. We trust one another to take care of one’s self and the group. All welcome!
Most rooms are $450 per person, shared bath:
- Room with private bath, two beds, lots of light, the only room with private bath for two people, for $550 per person.
- Tiny cabin in woods, with one double bed, sink, use shared bath, a walk down the path. $450 per person (for 2).
- Tiny cabin in woods with lots of quiet privacy, two twins, as above, short walk to bathroom and shower. $450 per person.
- Room with 3 beds, and private bath, with ladder to two additional beds in loft, 3-5 people. $450 per person.
- Room with 3 beds, and semi-private bath, fairly large room, lots of light, 3 people. $450 per person.
- Room with 3 beds, near bath, which is connected with other room with 3 beds, quiet, a bit quirky. $425 per person.
Two nights shared room lodging, organic, delicious meals, yoga, meditation, breath classes, playshop, nature meditation walks, kirtan, community & more.
The whole weekend was an individual journey opening up to strangers that became so dear to me drawing me closer every minute. I didn’t want to leave the retreat because the magic spell would be broken. I now seek ways to open my world to the magic of that connection to others … to keep it going. I feel peaceful. I feel unhurried. I feel more love than at any time in my life.
I loved the people, the location, the yoga and the fun!
A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.
to our fifth retreat at Aldermarsh, on Whidbey Island, a beautiful, quiet, wooded, sacred site close to Seattle and Everett, but feels remote amidst splendid nature setting. It has everything we look for in a retreat center: 1) outstanding, sacred yoga space, 2) beautiful land and grounds, 3) lots of room options, 4) awesome Japanese soaking tub and great sauna, 5) wonderful hosts to welcome us, 6) nice kitchen to prepare you great meals, 7) nice hiking trails within walking distance, and even singing frogs and owls!
is both a beautiful wetlands and a human-created space where community, collaboration and sustainability thrive. Aldermarsh is dedicated to educate and inspire spirit and soul-based stewards of the Earth. We host programs and retreats for individuals, groups, and organizations who share our commitment to deeply listen to and steward Earth and human communities in sustainable ways. All who come to Aldermarsh become part of the expression and co-evolution of this environment and contribute to an energy that nourishes this community for future generations
(Sauna pic at left). The theme will be “Compassionate Acceptance”. We will utilize the healing energy of the Aldermarsh environment to nourish our sense of accepting what is, as well as gratitude. Acceptance is not a wimpy surrender, but a courageous trust, with the option to take appropriate action from a compassionate and courageous center. We will create a safe environment to explore what is within us awaiting our discovery and acceptance so we can be whole, compassionate and loving of ourselves and others.
Please plan on arriving any time after 2pm on Friday. We will have a gentle, meditative yoga class at 5:30 for those who can make it by then. If not, try to arrive for the dinner at 7pm, followed by meditation, intros, and sacred circle. We finish around 2pm on Sunday.
What else will we do
Besides twice-daily yoga, we will do some hiking in beautiful, bug-free forests. We will do some breath and meditation playshops, as well as kirtan (call and response chant-song) to help us connect on all levels.
Aldermarsh is managed by a volunteer-led nonprofit organization. Our inspiration and guidance comes from the spirits of the land, our hearts, and our community. Community support is essential for the long-term sustainability of Aldermarsh
is an easy way to calm the mind and access higher energy vibrations.
From Peggy Black (channeling The Team): There have been many suggestions and methods offered as to how to access the higher dimensions. We will always recommend the use of sound vibrations. Sounds and sound vibration always alters consciousness. Breath and breathing techniques will allow you to travel consciously, just as meditation and many forms of yoga will support your shift.
Aldermarsh on Whidbey Island is a beautiful accommodation with good energy and various room situations, from individual small cabins, to rooms with up to 4 or even 5 people.
Roy Holman will teach some of the yoga classes and lead the hike and help cook. Roy teaches a breath-connected, meditative, flow vinioga, and has led over 50 retreats, in the North Cascades as well as in Sedona, Mexico, Costa Rica, Bali and Guatemala. We will have a total of four or five yoga classes over the weekend in the beautiful space, breathwork workshops, meditation classes,, a hike, a silent meditation walk.. Oh, and great food and great people!
Liz Gross will also teach yoga, meditation and energy work, and help cook!
“I believe all healing involves alignment of the soul with the body. When you’re consciously in touch with the life energy within yourself, you have awareness & communication with the flow of energy that connects you to spirit. I feel very passionate about Vibrational Medicine and love working with others in this way & helping others to connect with their purpose and passion in life.”
Vibrational Energy Medicine brings the physical, emotional, mental, & spiritual bodies back into balance, which opens the way for rebuilding the healing systems of the body. Please read more about Liz at her website
All are welcome on our retreats. We do not discriminate for any reason, including vaccinated or unvaccinated, masked or unmasked, for the following reasons:
- Yoga is about unity and oneness, not divisiveness and polarity.
- We trust you to take care of yourself, and to decide first, if this trip is for you, and second, how to take care of yourself. We will do our part to keep everyone safe and honor all your needs, but ultimately, we feel your health is up to you.
- Our body knows how to handle a virus, and has done so for millennia. We trust our body’s innate wisdom to heal. There are outstanding protocols from Dr. Mercola, Dr. Zelenko and many others (Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin, sunshine, clearing fear, etc.) to keep us safe.
- Science is now showing unquestionably that the vaccine—which is actually not a vaccine, but an experimental mRNA injection—is neither safe, effective or necessary. It does not prevent either infection or transmission.
- Masks, unless professionally and personally form-fitted with an N95 or N100, do not work for viruses. There is no science that shows that the masks that most of us use work for a virus. Yoga is about life and breath. Masks reduce the amount of oxygen to harmful levels, and increase the amount of carbon dioxide, also to harmful levels.
- Mask and vaccine mandates are unconstitutional, illegal, unnecessary and demonstrably harmful.
- At last count (September 1, 2021) according to VAERS and the CDC, there have been over 590,000 adverse reactions to the vaccine, and 13,000 deaths in the U.S. This is not being reported in the mainstream news, but you can look it up for yourself. Furthermore, studies show that only 1 to 10% of actual adverse reactions and deaths get reported to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Experience Reporting System).
- Europe numbers are 21,00 dead from COVID vaccine (over 2 million adverse reactions) and Brazil’s numbers are 32,000 dead (through August 2021).
- We choose truth, freedom, sovereignty and responsibility over fear, tyranny, disinformation and disempowerment. By “following orders” and “playing it safe” (wearing masks and getting vaccinated), we may in fact be “playing it very dangerous”, as the harmful effects of both masks and vaccines becomes ever more apparent.
- Finally, please know that we have done extensive research. Truth matters.
You! We usually have about 15 people, a chance to make new friends and connect, but also quiet time to read, relax, and rejuvenate. You are invited to do as many or as little as the classes and activities as fits you and your needs.