Kauai, Hawaii Yoga Retreat
Yoga – Meditation – Snorkeling – Hiking
Two Trip Options:
April 10-17, 2020: Over 50s Gentle Retreat
April 19-26, 2020: All ages Yoga Retreat
Which Week is Best for You?
Honestly, there is not much difference between the two weeks, and all ages are welcome on either week. Yet we felt it might be nice to offer our first over 50s age group retreat, figuring that some folks might want to rest assured the yoga and hikes will be doable! So, the first week will be gentle yoga and easy hikes, while the second week might be a tad stronger, although the style of yoga we teach is very body friendly anyway. So again, all ages welcome on either retreat; we don’t discriminate!
Beautiful like all the Hawaiian islands, yet smaller, lush, unpretentious, and friendly, Kauai is often seen as the third eye chakra of the islands, for clear seeing. Yoga, Meditation, Healing, Snorkeling, Swimming, Hiking, and Sunshine. Price (depending on room selection) includes 7 nights hotel, 2 meals a day, fresh coffee and tea, all ground transport on the island, snorkeling trips, Napali Coast boat trip, guided hiking, all classes and workshops. Roy Holman and Liz Gross offer heart-centered, breath connected, body-friendly yoga and meditation. Note: Please fly into Lihue Airport on Kauai.
The truth is, most of us do not feel so good about ourselves. At best, some of us accept ourselves for who we are, and a few even truly honor ourselves. But the norm, unfortunately, is that most of us wallow in low self esteem, low sell acceptance, or even self loathing, shame and guilt. We will explore the roots of this common disease, and more importantly, guide us out of this mess with a road map to self love.
We will stay at a beautiful and conveniently located Kauai Retreat Center. It is less than an hour from the Lihue airport, conveniently located so we can access the beautiful northern beaches and villages, but also the sunny southern beaches, towns, sites and Waimea Canyon. The hotel has 6 simple but comfy rooms, a nice outdoor but covered yoga patio, and a hot tub.
Instructors, Cooks and Guides:
Heart centered, breath connected yoga for every body. Roy Holman is 500 hour trained in viniyoga, has taught yoga and meditation since 2000, and teaches a heartfelt, breath connected, meditative class. He is also certified in meditation, reflexology, hands on energy healing, HeartMath and other healing arts. Liz Gross will also teach her meditative yoga, as well as offer her healing gifts as a side option. She is also an excellent cook and along with Roy, will offer healthy delicious meals (two meals a day included). Please see details on the style of yoga on instructor page.
Activities and Schedule:
The whales should be around! We have morning and / or sunset yoga, healing workshops, snorkeling, swimming, hikes, ocean wildlife sighting, and many other options. Lihue Airport is the primary airport on Kauai island and receives both overseas and inter island flights. This is where we fly in and out of. Shuttles are included (when possible if you arrive at reasonable times!) and will be arranged to and from hotel.
When was the last time you were as relaxed as this turtle?
What is included? All of the following is included in your fee:
- 7 nights accommodations
- Two meals a day
- All transport around the island and shuttle to and from airport or hotel
- Yoga, meditation, and workshop
- All the following activities (weather and energy permitting!)
- Poipu Beach Park: sunny side of Kauai, to swim, snorkel, see turtles
- Kalalau Trail Hike: if open, past Ke’e Beach, Napali
- Wailua Falls and Opaekaa Falls visits
- Sleeping Giant Trail hike
- Tunnels Beach: nice northern beach with snorkeling and turtles
- Queens Bath visit for site or swim
- Hanalei Bay beach visit and overlook
- Napali Coast boat and snorkel trip
- Waimea Canyon visit, views, and hike (either Canyon or Pihea hike)
- Hindu Monastery: meditation and scenery
- Makaleha “Joyful eyes” short stream and bamboo hike
- Secret Beach: (nice 10 minute hike to gorgeous beach)
- Kauai Path and Kapaa town visit (option of bike, walk, beach, shop, eat, etc.)
- Hanalei Kayak & SUP (stand up paddleboard)
- Kekaha Beach – Wonderful white sand beach swim after Waimea hikes ahhhhh, sunny side
- Hanapepe old historic town stop at bakery after Waimea Canyon
- Kilauea Lighthouse for view, sunset, whales
- Anini Beach or Lydgate Beach for sun and safe snorkeling
Biggest room: for 3 or 4 people maximum, in one king bed, two singles (and possible futon). $1,495 per person. Private bath and shower (shower is hot water, outside room)
Rooms #1, 2, and 3: These three rooms are similar, as shown, with two singles or one king bed (your choice), large view window. For these three rooms, there are two baths, shared, outside the rooms, very close. $1,595 per person, two maximum per room.
Room #6 (not pictured): this room also has a king or two singles, but has it’s own private bath 5 feet from the room across the hall. Also window view. Two people, $1,695 per person.
Room #5: is perhaps the nicest room, slightly larger, with full private bath, view. King bed. Two people (couple ideal). $1,795 per person.